- 1975 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. Twenty-nine pages.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This document contains eleven separate documents.
- A photograph with the description: “Mid 1975. FRETILIN students and Portuguese sympathizers express their concern about the APODETI influence on UDT. This picture was taken several months before the Indonesian invasion.” with a translation in Esperanto. The photographer was Francisco Freire.
- Another photograph with the same description as above, but the photo is more zoomed in than the previous one.
- A photograph entitled “Oecusse March 1975” by Helen Hill. It is a photo of the protest with a sign that reads: “Integration-never never and never the People is with Fretilin”
- A photograph entitled: “Refugees from East Timor crowd the deck of the cargo vessel Macdili docked in Darwin on 15 August 1975. Courtesy National Archives of Australia”
- Press statement entitled: “Revolutionary Front of Independent East Timor” published on September 16th, 1975 | 4 pages (Some pages are blurry)
- A booklet published by the Campaign for Independent East Timor entitled: ‘Independence or Death!’ East Timor’s border war eye-witness reports by Roger East. | 12 pages
- A document entitled: “Don’t forget Timor” with the headline, “We appeal to the Australian people. Please do something to stop this invasion.” (1975) | 2 pages.
- “Messages received by Bill Roberts via Telecom Darwin” September 1975 | 2 pages.
- A document entitled: “The Timor Tragedy”, the documents are a little blurry but still legible | 2 pages
- “Ballad for East Timor” by Phil Boyce, which is a song written about East Timor.
- A newspaper article entitled: “Indonesia Attacks” published in The Age, November 1975
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Dates of creation revision deletion
October 8, 2020 2:35 PM