- 1987 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. 41 pp.
Name of creator
The Humanitarian Project was founded by Arnold Kohen, with support from figures such as Anderson, Bishop Paul Moore Jr of New York, and others.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Various documents that include memorandums, letters and documents written in 1987.
This item contains:
- Memorandum to Bishop Sullivan from Father Hehir (20.04.1987) Subj.: East Timor
- Letter to Carlos Filipe Ximenes Belo from the Archbishop of New York (06.04.1987)
- Letter to John Cardinal O’Connor from Carlos Filipe Ximenes Belo (30.10.1987)
- Draft letter to Senator Pell (1987) | 2 pp.
- Draft Senate letter to Secretary of State Shultz (1987) | 3 pp.
- Draft Dear Colleague letter from Senator Durenberger (1987) | 2 pp.
- Congressional Record - April 23, 1987
- Letter to Arnold Kohen from a Professor from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Letter to Ambassador Robert T. Hennemeyer from David Lambertson (15.04.1987) | 2
- Letter to Mr. David Lambertson from Robert T. Hennemeyer (22.05.1987) | 3 pp.
- “Conference Board Calls for Peace in East Timor” written by Robert Wonderly
(31.03.1987) | 3 pp.
- NCNews Service - Pope-Indonesia (14.12.1987)
- Letter to Arnold Kohen from Noam Chomsky (29.06.1987)
- Dave Durenberger news: Durenberger leads 40 Senators in call on Reagan
Administration to address Human Rights abuses in East Timor (09.08.1987) | 2 pp.
- Letter to the Honorable George Shultz from 40 Senators (28.07.1987) | 5 pp.
- Letter to Frank Monahan from Arnold Kohen (30.06.1987)
- Commentary on Indonesian Foreign Minister Mochtar’s statements concerning August
1987 letter of 40 U.S. Senators to Shultz (1987) | 2 pp.
- Letter to Arnold Kohen from Christopher Candland (07.05.1987)
- Congressional Record - August 3rd, 1987 | 2 pp.
- Letter to Rev. John L. May from the Apostolic Pro-Nuncio (08.04.1987)
- Letter to Ambassador Robert T. Hennemeyer from David F. Lambertson (28.10.1987) | 2
- Memorandum from Franck Monahan & Bob Hennemeyer from William M. Lewers
(10.08.1987) Subj.: U.S. Senators and East Timor
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Generated finding aid
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals found at Bishop's University.