- 1986 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. 72 pp.
Name of creator
The Humanitarian Project was founded by Arnold Kohen, with support from figures such as Anderson, Bishop Paul Moore Jr of New York, and others.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Various documents that include memorandums, letters and documents written in 1986.
This item includes:
- Excerpts of a report on a visit to East Timor in July 1986 by Miguel Anacoreta (M.P)
presented to the East Timor Commission of the Portuguese Parliament | 8 pp.
- Tony Hall News: “Hall, citing 133 sponsors of East Timor resolution, and mistreatment
of Western journalists, asks Shultz to reiterate U.S. concern to Indonesia (24.06.1986)
- Congressional Record - October 9th, 1986
- Letter to the Editor of the Listener from Noam Chomsky (25.11.1986) | 2 pp.
- Congressional Record - October 6th, 1986 | 3 pp.
- Statement by Mihon Keisai Shimbun [translated from Japanese] (11.03.1986)
- Memorandum to the participants at the Timor consultations held in Holland in June 1986
from Adrien Zoller (08.08.1986)
- Note prepared for the International Red Cross Committee and East Timor, prepared by
the International Service for Human Rights (14-15.06.1986) | 4 pp.
- “Activities of the ICRC for Political Detainees Against Torture by Jean-Francois
Labarthe, written in the Bulletin of “SOS-Torture” (07/1986) | 3 pp.
- Memorandum to Aryeh Neier, Holly Burkhalter, Eric Schwartz from Arnold Kohen
(11.02.1986) Subj.: President Reagan’s planned visit to Indonesia and human rights
concerns involving Indonesia and East Timor | 2 pp.
- “Margo Picken: The East Timor Tragedy” (04.12.1986) The New York Review of Books |
- Letter to Senator Stephen Solarz from James Dunn (11.02.1986)
- Testimony of Floyd Abrams on behalf of the Asia Watch Committee on Friday, August
15th, 1986 at the United Nations Special Committee on Decolonization | 8 pp.
- Letter to President Ronald Reagan from Rev. Jeffrey A. Collins, Christian Response
- Letter to Robert B. Silvers, The New York Review of Books, from Arnold Kohen
(03.11.1986) | 2 pp.
- Letter to Rev. Christopher Maloney from Arnold Kohen (23.05.1986)
- Letter to Rev. Christopher Maloney from Arnold Kohen (20.10.1986)
- Letter to Rev. James McCarthy from Arnold Kohen (23.05.1986)
- Letter to Mr. Floyd Abram from Eric Schwartz (18.07.1986) | 2 pp.
- Letter to Mr. Aryeh Neier, Asia Watch Committee, from Richard L. Wilson, Director of
Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore Affairs (11.06.1986)
- Letter to the Editor from Arnold Kohen (25.04.1986)
- Memorandum to Aryeh Neier from Arnold Kohen (1986) Subj.: Recent developments in
East Timor Project and Proposal for Asia Watch Testimony at U.N. Decolonization
Committee in August | 2 pp.
- Letter to James Dunn (Jim) from Arnold Kohen (22.05.1986) | 2 pp.
- Memorandum to Aryeh Neier from Arnold Kohen (15.05.1986) Subj.: President
Reagan’s May 1 visit to Indonesia and the activities of Asia Watch | 3 pp.
- “Scandinavia and East Timor” (03/1986) Indonesia Reports - Politics Supplement No. 14
| 4 pp.
- Telegram to Ambassador Paul Wolfowitz from Carl Levin, United States Senate
- Letter to Senator Levin from Paul D. Wolfowitz (25.08.1986) | 2 pp.
- Letter to the Honorable Don Bonker, Chairman of Subcommittee on International Policy
and Trade, from Holly Burkhalter, Washington Representative (07.01.1986) | 3 pp.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Generated finding aid
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals found at Bishop's University.