Various documents 3
- 1984 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. 52 pp.
Name of creator
The Humanitarian Project was founded by Arnold Kohen, with support from figures such as Anderson, Bishop Paul Moore Jr of New York, and others.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This item includes:
- Letter to Arnold Kohen from Steve Schmidt, Amnesty International USA (17.12.1984)
- Letter Mr. Klaus-Henning Rosen from Jean-Francois Olivier, Comité International de la Croix-Rouge (23.10.1984) | 2 pp.
- House of Commons- Oral answers to Questions, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (25.01.1984)
- Letter to Letters Editor Newsweek from Korinna Horta (20.09.1984)
- Amnesty International statement on East Timor to the United Nations Special Committee on Decolonization (20.08.1984) | 5 pp.
- Letter to David Hinckley, Amnesty International, from Arnold Kohen (17.12.1984) | 2 pp.
- Letter to Steve Ockendon from Arnold Kohen (25.12.1984) | 3 pp.
- Press Release from the Parliamentary Human Rights Group (18.01.1984) Subj.: British Government to consult UN Secretary-General about sending a UN envoy to East Timor
- Letter to Arnold Kohen from Jim Dunn, Human Rights Council of Australia (05.01.1984)| 2 pp.
- Military stages exercises around Jayapura (28.03.1984)
- “Father Domingos Soares, a priest and 22 others arrested since August 1983” (20.02.1984) | 2 pp.
- Letter to David Hinkley, Amnesty International, from East Timor Research Project (11.12.1984)
- Letter to Jack Healy, Amnesty International, from East Timor Research Project (11.12.1984)
- Letter to Rev. Edward Luidens, National Council of Churches of Christ, from Martinho da Costa Lopes (08.06.1984)
- Statement by the Foreign Minister of Indonesia on East Timor (25.10.1984) | 2 pp.
- East Timor: US Ambassador criticizes Foreign Press (02.11.1984)
- Letter to the Honorable George Shultz, Secretary of State, from John G. Healy (10.08.1984)
- Timor, Developments December 1983 - October 1984 | 8 pp.
- Australia: Delegation’s Timor visit cancelled by Indonesia (1984)
- Death squads 1 by Gilles Bertin (1984) | 2 pp.
- Timor 1 by Gilles Bertin (1984) | 2 pp.
- Letter to Rev. Msgr. Daniel F. Hoye from Rio Laphi, Apostolic Pronuncio with an enclosed paper about East Timor (06.07.1984) | 2 pp.
- Letter to Senator Dave Durenberger from W. Tapley Bennett, Jr, United States Department of State, with an enclosed Background paper on East Timor (01.04.1984) | 4 pp.
- Tony Hall News: Shultz visit to Indonesia prompts 123 lawmakers to press on East Timor tragedy (11.07.1984) | 3 pp.
- Letter to a Mr. Secretary and a colleague (not disclosed whom it may be for) and unclear who it from (1984) | 3 pp.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Generated finding aid
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals found at Bishop's University.