Various documents 3
- 1975-2000 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. 86 pp.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This document contains letters, press & media releases and reports written between 1975 and 2000 by AFFET.
- Letter to Dr. Jose Luis Gomez, Ambassador of Portugal from Gina Roncoli, Lois Randall & Francisco Vidinha (31.10.1991) | 7 pp.
- News Briefs - Gabinete de Informaçāo da Fretilin: Indonesians form in East Timor Intimidations’ Groups (09/1991) | 3 pp.
- Email from Rob Wesley-Smith that includes a Media Release entitled: “Anzac Day - wear black for East Timor” written by Susan Connelly (04/1999) | 2 pp.
- A flyer entitled: “Why target Paul Keating? East Timor Week” which describes Paul Keating’s role in the Australian ALP governments and was Prime Minister for more than 2 years. 'He has been party to their immoral decisions to breach the UN Charter and Human Rights Declarations', it includes Australia’s history over East Timor - highlights (15th - 21st August 1994)
- A flyer for “East Timor Week” with the program for the whole week (Monday 15th - Sunday 21st August 1994)
- East Timor Coalition - Darwin - Media Release: “Torture details of boats people asylum seekers show the realities for East Timorese in Operassi SAPU RATA (‘eliminate’), the current Indonesian military offensive.” (27/10/1995) | 2 pp.
- East Timor Coalition - Darwin - Media Release: “Summaries of tortures of 3 recently arrived East Timorese asylum seekers” (27/10/1995) | 4 pp.
- East Timor - Media Release: “Urgent Update on East Timor State of Siege” (13/10/1995) | 2 pp.
- East Timor - Media Release: “Statement on Religious Conflicts in East Timor” written by Jose Ramos-Horta (10/1995) | 3 pp.
- “East Timor - my country of birth ad heart” by Cesarina Rocha (06/1996) Human Rights Solidarity AHRC Newsletter | 3 pp.
- Open letter from Alarico Jorge Fernandes, Minister for Information and national Security of the Democratic Republic of East Timor to Indonesian Soldiers & Indonesian People. Broadcast on Radio Maubere on 04/03/1977.
- Australians for a Free East Timor - Press Release: “Evidence Accumulates Against Indonesian Brutality East Timor” written by Rob Wesley-Smith (05/02/1994) | 3 pp.
- Flyer entitled: “Welcome to East Timorese victims of Indonesian bloody aggression” with numbers and the history of the invasion in East Timor (09/1979)
- “The Body Count” (02/1995) The Independent Monthly | 2 pp.
- Letter to the East Timor Supporters written by Allan Nairn from New York (12/1994) | 2 pp.
- United Nations Secretary General Report: “Questions of East Timor - Progress report of the Secretary-General” (16/09/1994) | 2 pp.
- Letter to Darwin TV mainly from Rob Wesley-Smith (13/04/1994) Re: Ads, Amnesty, Artists for East Timor
- “Will Indonesia Listen?” New York Times editorial, 19 September 1994, published on the International Herald Tribune on 20 September 1994
- “Revealed: Timor cover-up” The Sydney Morning Herald (24.08.1994)
- “Encontros in Southeast Asia” by Tony Haynes, Cultura, (Spring 1993) | 2 pp.
- Flyer entitled: “Selamat Datang di Arfura Games” an Indonesian flyer that writes about the horrors of what had happened in East Timor (05/1993) | Indonesian
- The National Council of Maubere Resistance Media Statement: “East Timor Indonesian sea patrol stepping up” (31/07/1995)
- “Death Numbers - Troop Numbers in East Timor” written by Rob Wesley-Smith, Australians for a Free East Timor, Darwin (26.01.1997) | 2 pp.
- “Arndits spin on Balibo Deaths” written by Rob Wesley-Smith (20.01.1997) | 3 pp.
- “One story of torture in East Timor” written by Antonio Pinot Govela, one of the Timorese People (26/10/1995) | 2 pp.
- “Testimony before the United Nations Special Committee on Decolonization” presented by Ms. Eleanor Hoffman, Australians for a Free East Timor - New York (23.07.1996) | 5 pp.
- Letter to Sr. Presidente da Comissāo dos Direitos do Homem (Mr. Chairman of the Commission on Human Rights) from Chefe das Falintil (Head of Falintil) written on March 13th, 1997 | 3 pages in Portuguese
- “A Falintil commander reports - a brief overview of the military situation” written by Commander Dai Tula, East Timor: To Resist is to Win, (12/1993)
- “How Reebok exploits its Indonesian workforce” written in the TAPOL Bulletin, (04/1994)
- “Fretilin Peace-Plan” This is the plan that Fretilin presented to the Indonesian Government its Pland for Peace whose application would guarantee respect for the rights of the Maubere People and their freely expressed will and a possibility for other countries interested in the East Timor problem to follow the process. (written in 1983, published in 1984)
- Email from Martin Broek called “Finland asks for protest letters: Arms Trade to Indonesia”, it contains: Protest letters to the Finnish Government on arms trade (08/03/1996)
- “Bishop Belo’s visit to Darwin, Cassette launch” by Rob Wesley-Smith (3-7/ 12/1993) | 4 pp.
- “East Timor invasion anniversary feature” A detailed feature about the history of East Timor up until 1982 | 11 pp.
- “Xanana” written by Louise Crowe. She looks at the life of the man now facing criminal charges of rebellion and the possession of illegal weapons. His trial attracted international attention. (Fall 1993)
- Statement by Bill Hayden, MP - Leader of the Opposition (20/01/1978)
- “Rejection of Fretilin Leader’s visa” written by Bill Hayden, MP (09/01/1978)
- Remembering the Santa Cruz Massacre (12/11/1991) : “Message for heroic East Timorese People" by Mairead Maguire, Nobel Peace Laureate (09/11/1995)
- Letter to Wes from Shirley Shackleton (no date)
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
One document in Indonesian. One document in Portuguese (3 pages).
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Dates of creation revision deletion
June 22, 2020 10:45 AM