- 1995 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. 55 pp.
Name of creator
The Humanitarian Project was founded by Arnold Kohen, with support from figures such as Anderson, Bishop Paul Moore Jr of New York, and others.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Contains various documents such as letters, emails, faxes and press releases that were written or published in 1995.
This item includes:
- Fax to His Eminence Cardinal Jean Marie Lustiger, Archbishop of Paris from Carlos Filipe Ximenes Belo, Diocese of Dili (04.07.1995)
- “Visit of Bishop Carlos Filipe Ximenes Belo to Ireland” 30th June - 4th July 1995 | 2 pp.
- Fax to Sergio Regazzoni from Arnold Kohen (02.07.1995)
- Handwritten letter to Mgr. Delaurta, Head of Justice and Peace Commission from Carlos Filipe Ximenes Belo (02.07.1995)
- Invitation from Arnold Kohen and Korinna Horta to an informal reception for Msgr. Carlos Filipe Ximenes Belo, S.D.B., Bishop of East Timor, where he will discuss current educational efforts in East Timor on Friday, June 9, 1995
- “Notes on a visit to East Timor, September 1995” (18.09.1995) | 3 pp.
- “Further report on September 1995 visit” - Public Health Situation of East Timorese People | 4 pp.
- 1995 contacts - Bishop Belo visit with Arnold Kohen | 3 pp.
- The Belo Visit: A Summary (06-07/1995)
- List of meeting with Bishop Belo (06/1995) | 4 pp.
- Trip Report The Belo Visit: A Summary | 8 pp.
- Letter to Mr. President from Alfonse M. D’Amato, Connie Mack, Frank H. Murkowski, John H. Chafee, Craig Thomas, Patrick J. Leahy, Frank Lautenberg, Claiborne Pell and Russell D. Feingold, U.S Senators (15.02.1995) | 2 pp.
- USCC International Justice & Peace: East Timor Update (02/1995) | 2 pp.
- Letter to Ms. Mia Adjali, Women’s Division, United Methodist Church from Lauranne Jones Pazhoor, Assistant to the President
- Letter his Eminence Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger, Archbishop of Paris from Arnold Kohen (1995) | 2 pp.
- Fax message for Ms. Fran Carpenter, Parade from Arnold Kohen (30.08.1995)
- Proposal for Funding: A Documentary on the Church in East Timor and The Life and Work of Bishop Belo (1995) | 4 pp.
- Letter to a Senator from Rev. Drew Christiansen, Director, USCC Office of International Justice and Peace (30.06.1995)
- Telefax to Bishop Belo from Gloria Ross-Wendelboe, Caritas Norway (22.06.1995) Subj.: Bishop Belo’s visit to Norway | 2 pp.
- Letter to Det Norske Shortings Nobelkomite (Nobel Committee of the Norwegian Parliament) from Tony P. Hall, Member of Congress | 3 pp.
- Fax to Trocaire (Catholic Agency, Ireland-Dublin) from Arnold Kohen (1995) | 4 pp.
- Press Release: Secretary-General holds sixth round of talks on East Timor in Geneva with Foreign Ministers of Indonesia and Portugal (10.07.1995) | 2 pp.
- USCC: International Justice & Peace: East Timor Update (02/1995) | 2 pp.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Generated finding aid
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals found at Bishop's University.
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Dates of creation revision deletion