Various documents 2
- 1979 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. 138 pp.
Name of creator
The Humanitarian Project was founded by Arnold Kohen, with support from figures such as Anderson, Bishop Paul Moore Jr of New York, and others.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This item contains:
- Congressional Record - September 27th, 1979 | 2 pp.
- Questions on East Timor for Mr. Holbrooke, Question for Mr. Wolff to ask Mr. Holbrooke (1979) | 3pp.
- Confidential (19.01.1979) | 3 pp.
- East Timor Ad-Hoc Strategy and Action Group (09.12.1979) | 2 pp.
- Summary of World Broadcasts on BBC (13.04.1979)
- Congressional Record - November 15th, 1979 | 2 pp.
- Notes on Washington by Jeremy Mark (working with Carmel B.) (06.08.1979) | 3 pp.
- Notes on Washington II by Jeremy Mark (working with Carmel B.) (01.10.1979) | 3 pp.
- Letter to Ms Meg Greenfield, Editorial Page Editor of The Washington Post from Roberta A. Quance (07.06.1979) | 2 pp.
- Letter to Mr. Bob Wahls, Photography Editor of The Daily News from Arnold Kohen (26.11.1979)
- Letter to Stephen S. Rosenfeld, The Washington Post, from Arnold Kohen (23.11.1979) | 2 pp.
- Letter to Arnold Kohen from David Scott, Community Aid Abroad (05.09.1979)
- Letter to Arnold Kohen from an Editor at the “World Review” (1979)
- A Speech by Arnold Kohen (1979) | 15 pp.
- Letter to the Hon. Donald McHenry, Ambassador; United Nations from Tom Harkin, Member of Congress (1979)
- Dear Colleague from Tom Harkin, Member of Congress (22.10.1979)
- Letter from the Hon. Cyrus Vance, Secretary of State from Tom Harkin, Member of Congress (22.10.1979) | 2 pp.
- Intervention given by Mr. Paulo Pires, a member of the Central Committee of “UDT” (Timorese Democratic Union) to the 4th Committee to the United Nations Organizations (22.10.1979) | 10 pp.
- Statement delivered to the Fourth Committee of the United Nations General Assembly, delivered by Elizabeth Traube (10.1979) | 9 pp.
- Letter to the Editor from Elizabeth Traube, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, Wesleyan University (02.11.1979)
- Congressional Record - November 9th, 1979 | 2 pp.
- Letter package to Jackson Anderson that includes: important press material for background, the situation in brief, inventory of press material and four newspaper articles written by Jack Anderson and corrections | 11 pp.
- Letter to Arnold Kohen from Jose Ramos Horta (10.01.1979)
- A.I.D News: “Two U.S. Relief Agencies to Aid East Timor Villagers” (30.11.1979) | 2 pp.
- Conversation with Morton Kondracke, foreign editor (23.10.1979) | 3 pp.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Generated finding aid
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals found at Bishop's University.