- 1998 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. 139 pp.
Name of creator
The Humanitarian Project was founded by Arnold Kohen, with support from figures such as Anderson, Bishop Paul Moore Jr of New York, and others.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This item includes various documents published in 1998.
- Email to Arnold Kohen from Pat Smythe (09.12.1998) | 2 pp.
- Letter to The President from 101 Members of Congress (09.09.1998) | 8 pp.
- Tony Hall News: “Hall Comment on Resignation of Indonesian President Suharto” (21.05.1998)
- Fax message for Tony Hall from a Representative of the White House (06.05.1998)
- Letter to the Honorable Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie, President of the Republic of Indonesia from Russel D. Feingolf & Jack Reed, U.S. Senators (12.06.1998)
- U.S. Senator Russ Feingold News Release: “Feingold Works for Progress on East Timor” (12.06.1998)
- Letter to Bishop Carlos Belo from William C. Vocke, Jr., President and Executive Director of World Affairs Council of Greater Cincinnati (02.12.1998) | 2 pp.
- 'Resolution on standing in solidarity with those who are oppressed in East Timor’ Adopted by the 207th General Assembly (1995) Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) (19.12.1999) | 3 pp.
- ‘United Methodist Church resolution on East Timor’ (19.12.1998) | 5 pp.
- 'The Book of Resolutions of the United Methodist Church’ (19.12.1998) | 2 pp.
- ‘East Timor’ Adopted by the 108th Annual Convention of the Central Conference of American Rabbis (06/1997)
- ’The Political Game Begins’ by Tony Jenkins (06.09.1998) | 4 pp.
- "The world has long known about the East Timorese death toll. Now retired Lt-Col Subiyanto speaks out about Indonesian casualties” a two page interview with Lt-Col Subiyanto (1998) | 2 pp.
- ‘USAID/Indonesia East Timor overview’ (07.08.1998) | 3 pp.
- Fax message to Arnold Kohen from Robert Zachritz (08.07.1998) Subj.: Meeting yesterday with USAID Administrator Brian Atwood
- Human Rights Watch: 'New Report says Official denials of Indonesian rapes hinder investigation’ (08.09.1998)
- Email to Domingos Cunha from Alves Martins (03.11.1998) | 4 pp.
- Tony Hall News: ‘More than 100 Members of Congress urge Clinton and Indonesian President Habibie to ease concerns in East Timor’ (09.09.1998) | 3 pp.
- Fax message to Arnold Kohen from Andrew Miller (04.11.1998)
- Email from Sharon R.A. Scharfe (14.09.1998) Subj.: Belo calls for setting-up United Front
- Fax message to Bernt Gulbrandsen, Caritas Norge from Arnold Kohen (30.05.1998)
- Fax message to Bernt Guldransen from Arnold Kohen (13.05.1998)
- Fax message to Dr. Geoffrey Hull from Arnold Kohen (13.05.1998)
- Fax message to Dr. Benjamin Corte-Real from Arnold Kohen (13.05.1998)
- Fax message to Arnold Kohen from Jim Magno (22.10.1998)
- Fax message to Natacha Meden from Cora Wess (14.01.1998)
- Fax message to Arnold Kohen from Mgr. Carlos F.X. Belo (28.04.1998)
- Fax message to Mr. Tony Hall, Member of Congress from Mgr. Carlos Filipe X. Belo (10.08.1998)
- Indonesia: USAID’s crisis response an overview of program changes (07.08.1998) | 4 pp.
- Letter given to President Habibie by East Timor’s Bishops: Encounter with the President of the Republic of Indonesia, Jakarta (24.06.1998) | 4 pp.
- Notes about a book written about East Timor with pages annotated with comments attached | 28 pp.
- News Bulletin (The Humanitarian Project): July 14, 1998 | 2 pp.
- News Item (The Humanitarian Project): July 20, 1998
- Daily Press briefing of office of spokesman for Secretary-General (01.07.1998)
- Press Release Secretary-General: ’Secretary-General concerned by East Timor violence, urges restraint, tolerance and peaceful discourse’ (30.06.1998)
- Human Rights Watch: Independent investigation needed in East Timor (02.07.1998) | 3 pp.
- Email to Arnold Kohen from Carmel at Tapol (04.08.1998) | 2 pp.
- Email to Carmel at Tapol from Arnold Kohen (04.08.1998)
- ABC International News: East Timor Bishop rejects invitation from South Africa’s President (27.07.1997)
- Letter to Catherine Scoot, Asia Policy Officer CIIR from Thomas E. Quigley, Policy Adviser, East Asian Affairs (02.01.1998)
- Draft letter to President Clinton (1998)
- Draft letter to President Habibi, President of the Republic of Indonesia (1998) | 2 pp.
- Fax message to Arnold Kohen from Korinna Horta (20.05.1998)
- Fax message to Arnold Kohen from Benjamin Corte-Real, University of East Timor (13.05.1998)
- Fax message to Arnold Kohen that includes various songs (poetic text) (09.0.1998) | 10 pp.
- Fax message to Arnold Kohen from Geoffrey Hull (23.04.1998)
- “Amien Rais accepts referendum in East Timor” (13.05.1998)
- Fax message to Mr. Manuel Abranted from Arnold Kohen (04.07.1998)
- Email to Arnold Kohen from Steve Alston (12.07.1998)
- Fax message to Mr. Arnold Kohen from Geoffrey Hull (21.04.1998)
- Fax message to Tom Quigley, USCC from Pat Smythe (31.03.1998)
- Fax message to Dr. Geoffrey Hull from Arnold Kohen (22.04.1998)
- Email to Arnold Kohen from Gunnar Staalsett (05.04.1998) Subj.: Re: Bishop Belo May 23-25
- Fax message to Mr. Bob Zachritz c/o Rep. Tony Hall from Arnold Kohen (12.05.1998)
- Letter to Rev. Dr. Harvey from Archbishop Pablo Puente, Apostolic Nuncio (07.05.1998)
- Fax message to Bishop Carlos Felipe Ximenes Belo from Arnold Kohen (06.05.1998)
- The Humanitarian Project: ‘East Timor after the August 1998 UN Talks: What is the real situation?’ (20.08.1998) | 5 pp.
- Email to Arnold Kohen from Geoffrey C. Gunn (03.05.1998) | 2 pp.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Generated finding aid
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals found at Bishop's University.
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Dates of creation revision deletion