- 1978 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. 104 pp.
Name of creator
The Humanitarian Project was founded by Arnold Kohen, with support from figures such as Anderson, Bishop Paul Moore Jr of New York, and others.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Contains various documents such as letters, memorandums and press releases that were written or published in 1978.
This item includes:
- Letter to the Editor of the Columbia Journalism Review from Arnold Kohen (20.12.1978)
| 3 pp.
- Letter from Noam Chomsky (11.10.1978)
- “Stop Indonesia’s starvation strategy in East Timor International Red Cross Relief
mission urgently needed” a form that brings what was happening in Timor to light (1978)
| 2 pp.
- Letter to Vice-President Walter Mondale from Jacqui Chagnon, CALC Human Rights
Program, (27.04.1978) | 2 pp.
- “East Timor & Self-Determination” written by CALC to V.P. Mondale (27.04.1978) | 2
- “Indonesia’s Political Prisoners” written by CALC to V.P. Mondale (27.04.1978)
- Letter to Mr. Arnold Kohen from Jennifer Wilson, Letters Editor of The Sunday Times
- Letter to the Hon. Donald M. Fraser from Douglas Bennet Jr, Assistant Secretary for
Congressional Relations, (07.01.1978) | 2 pp.
- Letter to the Hon. Cyrus R. Vance, Secretary of State from Donald Fraser (08.12.1977)
- Letter to Mr. Peter Stephens from Madeleine Edmondson, Newsweek (05.12.1978)
- Letter to Tapol-U.S. Campaign for the Release of Indonesian Political Prisoners from
Hodding Carter III, Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs and Department Spokesmen,
(03.07.1978) | 2 pp.
- Letter to the Editor of The Sunday Times from Arnold Kohen (21.08.1978)
- Letter to Arnold Kohen from George Palmer, Assistant to the Executive Editor of The
New York Times, (08.06.1978)
- Letter to the Hon. Donald M. Fraser from Douglas J. Bennet (23.09.1978) | 3 pp.
- Letter to the Hon. Cyrus Vance, Secretary of State from Donald Fraser, Chairman
(04.08.1978) | 2 pp.
- Letter to the Hon. Cyrus Vance, Secretary of State from Donald Fraser & Helen Meyner
(22.06.1978) | 2 pp.
- Letter to the Hon. Donald Fraser from Douglas J. Bennet (15.08.1978) | 2 pp.
- Letter to the Editor of The New York Times from Arnold Kohen (30.04.1978) | 2 pp.
- “U.S. Pilots are bombing Asians again” flyer (07/1978)
- Letter to Ambassador Andrew Young from Jose Ramos Horta, Representative of Fretilin
for the United Nations and International Organizations (12.07.1978) | 2 pp.
- Press Release: Statement by Mr. Jose Ramos-Horta, Permanent Representative of the
Frente Revolucionaria de Timor Leste Independente Fretilin for the United Nations and
International Organizations (12.07.1978) | 2 pp.
- Mailgram to Patricia Derian, Assistant Secretary for Human Rights and Humanitarian
Affairs, from Arnold Kohen (18.10.1978)
- Mailgram from Roberta Quance (25.09.1978)
- Letter to Carmel from John Newman (24.05.1978) | 3 pp
- A Report prepared for the Committee on Foreign Relations United States Senate by the
Foreign Affairs and National Defense Division Congressional Research Service Library
of Congress (11/1970) | 2 pp. with the speech attached | 15 pp.
- Letter to Mr. Robert Grose from Susan Hafe, Chief Correspondence Management
Division (06.09.1978) | 2 pp.
- Coalition for a New Foreign and Military Policy - International Human Rights and the
Administration’s Security Assistance Program for Fiscal Year 1979 - a Critique
(03/1978) | 33 pp.
- Human Rights in East Timor - Testimony by Shepard Forman (28.06.1977) | 5 pp.
- Letter to Rev. William Wipfler, National Council of Churches Human Rights Office, from Arnold
Kohen (27.12.1978) | 2 pp.
- “Emergency Committee for Human Rights in Indonesia and Self-Determination in East Timor
(1978) | 2 pp.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Generated finding aid
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals found at Bishop's University.