BU CAETAN-DOCS-Arms Embargo-2
- [1986-1997?] (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. 23 pp.
Name of creator
East Timor (Timor-Leste) was invaded in 1975 by Indonesia and occupied by the Indonesian armed forces until 1999, with widespread resulting human rights violations. The East Timor Alert Network (ETAN/Canada) was founded in 1986 to raise awareness about the situation of East Timor and to change Canadian government policy, which accepted Indonesian rule.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This item contains newspaper articles and paperwork regarding the arms embargo on Indonesia from Canada.
- Participants in Canadian Arms Tour
- Canada makes major military sale to Indonesia
- Sale of military goods to Indonesia okayed
- Canada considers closer military ties with Indonesia
- Indonesian arms sales fuelling debate
- Bill C-401
- Export of Military goods from Canada - Annual Report 1994
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals found at McMaster University.