BU CAETAN-DOCS-APEC prior to 1997-1
APEC prior to 1997
- [1993-1996?] (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. 19 pp.
Name of creator
East Timor (Timor-Leste) was invaded in 1975 by Indonesia and occupied by the Indonesian armed forces until 1999, with widespread resulting human rights violations. The East Timor Alert Network (ETAN/Canada) was founded in 1986 to raise awareness about the situation of East Timor and to change Canadian government policy, which accepted Indonesian rule.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This file includes documents from prior to the 1997 summit in Vancouver.
- Protest against Anti People Economic Control
- Linking trade with human rights at the APEC meeting - an open letter to the Prime Minister
- APEC contact list
- South East Asian NGOs forum on human rights and development
- APEC plan
- Response to the open letter to the PM by the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Prime Minister announces bilateral development co-operation projects with Indonesia
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals found at McMaster University.