- 1983 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record and Photograph. Seventeen pages.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The document contains twelve separate documents.
- A flyer for a lecture on East Timor in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The description is March/April 1983: Human Rights organization “Komitee Indonesia” organized a sequence of lectures and reflections on issues in Indonesia. Pamphlet announces a lecture about East Timor by Prof. Wértheim. | The document is in Dutch.
- A photo of Jose Ramos-Horta in Stockholm at a conference.
- “La paix est possible au Timor Oriental (Peace is possible in Timor-Leste)” published in Em Timor-Leste a paz é possive!, May 1983, No. 1 | French
- “Le remplacement de MGR. Martinho Lopes (MGR. Martinho Lopes’ replacement)” published in Em Timor-Leste a paz é possive!, June 1983, No. 2 | French
- “Timor-Oriental vu par son époque” published in Em Timor-Leste a paz é possive!, July 1983, No. 3 | French, page a little blurry
- A flyer entitled, “Public Meeting in support of self determination for East Timor” Sunday July 31, Dallas Brooks Hall, 2pm.
- A pamphlet entitled, “Public Meeting in support of East Timor, Self-Determination: Australia’s Crucial Role” it includes a page with the speakers at the Public Meeting, the speakers include Abilio Araujo, Brian Howe, Senator Gordon McIntosh and Senator Colin Mason. The next page includes why the UN is important and how to join the Australia-East Timor Association (AETA) | 3 pages
- Media Release entitled, “Hawke Government breaches ALP Timor policy” written by AETA, May 1983
- A letter to the AETA members entitled, “Fretilin Delegation in Melbourne” written by John Sinnett, Secretary, 25 July 1983.
- A document prepared by AETA entitled, “East Timor Needs Help” which sections entitled, “What can you do…, If you need help, Songs for East Timor, How to join AETA. The document is for Pat Walsh. 1983. | 2 pages.
- Flyer about an emergency protest entitled, “Stop New Genocide in East Timor, No Sell-out of ALP East Timor Policy” The protest will take place on August 17, in Sydney, Australia.
- A flyer entitled, “TIMOR, a people betrayed - James Dunn” published by The Jacaranda Press, 1983. | 2 pages.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
One document is in Dutch. Three documents are in French.