- 1979 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. Twenty-five pages.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This document contains ten separate documents.
- A pamphlet entitled, “The 5th Annual Christmas Hills Festival” which was a benefit for the victims of war and starvation in East Timor. It includes the ‘East Timor Relief Appeal’, a description of the Festival, how to help East Timor support the festival. December 15 & 16 1979 | 3 pages
- Press Release: “East Timor Relief Appeal” sponsored by Australian Catholic Relief, Australian Council of Churches Austcare, Community Aid Abroad, Freedom from Hunger Campaign, Save the Children Fund, St. Vincent De Paul Society. December 19th, 1979
- A flyer entitled, “While remembering World War II, let’s not forget East Timor” (1979)
- Information sheet entitled, “East Timor Relief Appeal” November 1979.
- Australian Council for Overseas Aid - East Timor Sub-Committee. Report - 1979 council (Council Paper no.13) | 2 pages.
- Document prepared by John Waddingham, Pat Walsh & Bill Armstrong entitled, “International Committee in East Timor” October 4th, 1979 | 8 pages. (some pages are blurry)
- Document written by Jose G. entitled, “Family Reunions and Refugees” which details the situation in East Timor, Family Reunion programs, the present situation, conclusions. October 4th 1979 | 5 pages.
- Newspaper articles from the Canberra Times entitled, “‘No end’ to Fretilin fight” (22/05/1979) and from The Guardian entitled, “Many starving in E. Timor” (25.05.1979)
- Newspaper article from the East Timor News entitled, “American Military advisers in East Timor: Indonesian Source”, “Fretilin Ambush Convoy” and “World Vision & Timor.” May 3rd, 1979.
- Newspaper article from the East Timor News entitled “‘Nicolau Lobato expressed the most profound aspirations of the Maubere people’ : Samora Machel” January 18,1979.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material