- 1977 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. Forty-one pages.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This document contains seven separate documents.
- “FRETILIN retake two towns” (document ineligible)
- A photograph taken in 1977 Darwin, Australia: Laurentino Pices & Rob Wesley-Smith, Radio Maubere. The photo is taken by Brian Manning.
- A document entitled, “Offensive Fails” East Timor News, No. 3, March 24, 1977.
- A document entitled, “Inside Occupied Dili” East Timor News, No. 3, March 24, 1977. | 2 pages.
- A document written by William J. Armstrong, National Coordinator of the action for world development. The report gives a detailed account of the attempts made to reunite East Timorese families separated by a civil war in, and an Indonesian Government invasion of East Timor in 1975. (1977) | 2 pages.
- A document entitled, “East timor: Refugees and Family Reunion.” The contents are The Current situation in East Timor, The origins of East Timorese refugees, Family Reunification (the context, first attempts at reunification, Australian/Indonesian negotiations on reunions, May 1977 - May 1978: no progress, recent developments), Sources and Footnotes. | 16 pages.
- Report on talks with Timorese refugees in Portugal - The East Timorese Situation | 17 pages
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material