- 1976 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. Eight pages.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This document contains six separate documents.
- A photograph entitled “Australia” with the description, “1976 Stanislau da Silva and an Australian supporter operating the clandestine radio link between Australia and Fretilin forces in East Timor” Courtesy of the da Silva family.
- Two photographs. The first entitled “Moluccan hunger strike (Amsterdam, Netherlands)” with the description, “12 August 1976 Moluccans in The Netherlands on hunger strike in front of the church Westerkerk in Amsterdam to draw attention to the situation in East Timor. The activists are organized under the name Vrje Zuid-Molukse Jongeren (Free South Moluccan Youths) in Lunteren-Ede, The Netherlands. Photographer: Croes. The second is entitled “Moluccan hunger strike (Amsterdam, Netherlands)” with the description, “the activists had posted pictures of Mari Alkadiri, Nicolau Lobarto and Rosa Muki Bonaparte.
- Newspaper article entitled “Four men facing firearms export charges” published in The News. September 17, 1976.
- A page of six photographs taken in Australia in 1976. Two are graffiti on walls that say ‘Viva FRETILIN’ & ‘Independence for East Timor’. The other four are of various people photographed. The photos are a little blurry.
- Another page of six photographs taken in Australia in 1976. The photos are all taken on the streets in some kind of protest or stand off.
- Document entitled, “The Timor Story” by Helen Hill with the header, ‘Demand a public inquiry into the deaths of the six Australian Newsmen!’ 1976 | 2 pages.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material