- 1975 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Textual Record. Twenty-nine pages.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This document contains eleven separate documents.
- A photograph with the description: “Mid 1975. FRETILIN students and Portuguese sympathizers express their concern about the APODETI influence on UDT. This picture was taken several months before the Indonesian invasion.” with a translation in Esperanto. The photographer was Francisco Freire.
- Another photograph with the same description as above, but the photo is more zoomed in than the previous one.
- A photograph entitled “Oecusse March 1975” by Helen Hill. It is a photo of the protest with a sign that reads: “Integration-never never and never the People is with Fretilin”
- A photograph entitled: “Refugees from East Timor crowd the deck of the cargo vessel Macdili docked in Darwin on 15 August 1975. Courtesy National Archives of Australia”
- Press statement entitled: “Revolutionary Front of Independent East Timor” published on September 16th, 1975 | 4 pages (Some pages are blurry)
- A booklet published by the Campaign for Independent East Timor entitled: ‘Independence or Death!’ East Timor’s border war eye-witness reports by Roger East. | 12 pages
- A document entitled: “Don’t forget Timor” with the headline, “We appeal to the Australian people. Please do something to stop this invasion.” (1975) | 2 pages.
- “Messages received by Bill Roberts via Telecom Darwin” September 1975 | 2 pages.
- A document entitled: “The Timor Tragedy”, the documents are a little blurry but still legible | 2 pages
- “Ballad for East Timor” by Phil Boyce, which is a song written about East Timor.
- A newspaper article entitled: “Indonesia Attacks” published in The Age, November 1975
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material